| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Now, here's the weird part...
ncl_doio_directwrite() should never be called because B_DIRECT
should never be set. (The only place B_DIRECT gets set in the code
is never currently executed.)

I have a patch that clears out the "never to be executed" code and
this seems to avoid the patch, since with the patch, ncl_doio_directwrite()
no longer exists.

What I cannot figure out is how B_DIRECT got set?
I can note that UFS was under heavy load when the client crashed,
but I cannot see how a UFS "struct buf" would become a NFS "struct buf"
without b_flags being set to 0.

Anyone have any ideas? rick