Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:13:15 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [btellier@USA.NET: Several FreeBSD-3.3 vulnerabilities]

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:32:42 PST, Bill Swingle wrote:

> Ok, so I know these are all vulnerabilities in third party software, and
> that the actual problem with each program is not really ours to fix but
> each of these problems can be avoided with small changes to the
> respective ports.

Well, I hunted the PR database for this guy's reports / patches and look
what I found:

> OVERVIEW
> Vulnerabilities in seyon, xmindpath and angband can be used to upgrade
> privileges.

for i in seyon xmindpath angband; do
	query-pr --summary --synopsis="$i"
done | grep -v closed
query-pr: no PRs matched
query-pr: no PRs matched

Looks to me like this chap's full of hot air.  I'm not saying the
problems don't exist, but this guy doesn't seem to have done much to
contact us, eh?

Ciao,
Sheldon.