Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:25:55 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Golodov <nirnroot.freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports maintrainer mode?

--Sig_/DmZ9WsoPlX1M6NRpGzyGrlY

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 23:46:01 +1100
Alexey Golodov <nirnroot.freebsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking through the ports, I see that sometimes maintrainers include
> in Makefile block with actions for maintrain port.
> There are different ways to define it (starting with MAINTRAINER_MODE
> in devel/git, and ends if user =3D $maintrainer_username)
> Probably, this feature should be unify and added to ports system?

No. These are NOT public vars / targets; you shouldn't relay on any
kind of behavior in any way, nor should you set the var or use
maintainer targets. This is just something for that particular port and
maintainer convenience.

--=20
FreeBSD committer -> itetcu@FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B