Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 07:49:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Clark Gaylord <clark@badger.gaylord.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of mounting HPFS drives

Hello FreeBSD-land --

I have installed FBSD 2.1.5 and I am generally pleased with it.
However, I have over 1GB in my OS/2 HPFS partitions that I would
like to access.  After searching the archives, I see that there
is periodically some banter about this, but the issue has not
been raised recently.  Is there anyway to do this, including
using some Linux program (though I'd prefer real FreeBSD)?

I would prefer to use FreeBSD than Linux, but this issue is important
enough that I might have to switch.  There have been a substantial
number of OS/2 users I've known who either have switched to Linux
or run both; I think it would be valuable to the FreeBSD effort if
it were also an option for these people.

I will gladly summarize to the list any private email that is
valuable.

Thank you.
Clark Gaylord
Blacksburg, VA