Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:04:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        fnasser@usa.alcatel.com (Fadi Nasser)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPoE server or client Unix implementation?

Fadi Nasser writes:
> Hi all
> I read somewhere that somebody has posted the source code to a
> PPP-over- Ethernet server (or client) to a FreeBSD newsgroup. I
> have not had much luck finding the source code (or anything remotely
> related to PPPoE) yet in any of the BSD groups. Would those of you
> who are aware of such implementations please set me on the right
> track. Your help is much appreciated.

Netgraph is available at ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/netgraph/index.html.
This version includes support for netgraph-enabling Ethernet drivers.

With the latest mpd port (net/mpd) you can do PPP over netgraph. However,
the specifics of PPP over Ethernet described in the draft RFC are not
implemented, ie, this would be like PPP inside raw Ethernet frames.
But one could easily write a PPPoE netgraph node type (hmmm :)

-Archie