Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:23:29 -0500
From:      Matthew Bettinger <matt@championelevators.com>
To:        Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>, FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Backup Exec Agent?

On Monday 08 July 2002 08:46 pm, Marco Radzinschi wrote:
> Hello:
>
> =09Is anyone successfully running the Backup Exec agent for unix on
> FreeBSD?
>
> I have to build a file server for work tomorrow and I have been given t=
he
> go-ahead to use FreeBSD, so long as I can get the backup exec agent to
> run.
>
> The backup server runs Veritas backup-exec 8.5 on Netware.

I am running the backupexec client on freebsd machines here at work.  The=
=20
veritas  server is running on an old novell machine. =20

you need to do the following:

edit /etc/rc.conf and insert  the line=20
linux_enable=3D"YES"

tar xvf the backupexec unix agent file

create the directory /usr/local/bkupexec

we are going to use agent.linux.

copy agent.cfg       agent.cfg.bak   agent.linux from the newly untarred=20
bkupexec directory (or whatever it untars too I forgot) .. copy these fil=
es=20
to  the /usr/local/bkupexec directory you created.

Edit /usr/local/bkupexec/agent.cfg

here is a sample of a working agent.cfg=20

name tester
password blahblah
export /general as GENERAL include_remote
export /depot as DEPOT include_remote
export /Drawings as DRAWINGS include_remote
export /bob_home as BOB_HOME include_remote
export /brad_home as BRAD_HOME include_remote
export /michel_home as MICHEL_HOME include_remote
exclude_dir /proc
tell 201.201.2.9
tell 201.201.2.14
tell_interval 30
follow_symdirs
exclude_dir /proc

The first line is the name of the machine.=20
the exported directories are directories on the tester machine which will=
 show=20
up in the veritas server under Unix Agents.  Don't forget to put=20
include_remote to include the subdirectories.

tell 201.201.2.9  and tell 201.201.2.14 is letting the veritas servers be=
=20
aware of us.

Edit /etc/services  and add the following

grfs=09=09=096101/tcp=09=09#backup exec

Edit /etc/rc.local

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bkupexec/agent.linux -c /usr/local/bkupexec/agent.cfg > /dev/n=
ull
=20

You'll have to enter root/blahblah from the veritas server.

Good Luck!