Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 22:08:47 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3c589d and FreeBSD 3.1

Back when I was running 2.2.8 (and on a different laptop), I used zp0
with the 3c589D although it sucked with people recommending using ed0.

Does that recommendation hold true for 3.1 ?  FWIW, I've tried to boot
a kernel with both ed0 & zp0 edit'd with "boot -c" but neither seem to
be able to probe the card at the same `address' that Windows98 sees it
at (IO 0x1020, IRQ 11).  Any hints/tips on how to make it work ?

Darren

p.s. whoever broke "boot -c" options saving should be shot!