Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 22:23:46 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi problems

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 23:48:58 -0500, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
> > Ding ding ding ding!
> >
> > I think we have a winner.
> >
> > Find some more jumpers, and make sure you've got a unique ID.
> >
> > I doubt SCAM is supported by the ahc driver (or many, if any of the other
> > SCSI drivers).
> >
> Ohhhh mann.... I thought that this was a hardware feature, I didn't
> realize that it was driver dependent... Do you know if it'll ever be
> supported? I have no idea where to find jumpers for these drives... I
> kinda got the second-hand...

I don't know, ask Justin Gibbs <gibbs@FreeBSD.org>.

As for the jumpers, there are generally two sizes of jumpers on most
drives, and you can usually find some that fit well enough on some piece of
hardware or other.

All you probably need is one jumper for the ID, though.  (None for one
drive, and 1 to make the other one ID 1, 2, 4 or 8.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org