Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:46:48 -0700
From:      "John Jennings" <my_pinup_girl@www.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   uptime values in kernel

Hello all:

As stated on this page:

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html#whichos

FreeBSD 3.0 and later 'default configuration' does not supply accurate uptime statistics to Netcraft so that they may plot a graph.  What is meant by 'default configuration'?  I got a few pointers on DALnet #freebsd.  They said that I am attempting to 'change the kernel so that it displays the correct uptime.'

I do believe this is a matter of little importance; but, for knowledge sake, I would like some information on how to reach my desired goal.  Does it involve compiling a new kernel or simply changing an obscure configuration file?

Any and all help, comments, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

Seven days without a smile makes one weak.