Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:27:42 -0800
From:      richard childers <fscked@pacbell.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, mraught@acm.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Belkin wireless support

Previously I stated:

> It would not surprise me to learn that the Belkin card has a chipset that is
> already supported, and it just hasn't been added to the pccard.conf.

It occurs to me now that perhaps we (Warner & I) are talking apples and oranges.

Perusal of Google's Canadian cache of BSD knowledge (www.google.ca/bsd) suggests that
Belkin makes more than one model of PCMCIA card.

The card I refer to in my previous postings on this topic is a F5D6020
802.11b-compliant PCMCIA card.

Belkin's website describes:
- a F5D6000, which is their PCI <->PCMCIA card ...
- what appears to be an integrated 802.11b-on-PCI card, B5D-006 ...
- a wireless PDA card, F5D6060 ...
- their aforemention F5D6020, PCMCIA card ...
- another PCI-based  ('integrated') wireless card, F5D6001 ...
- and at least three other wireless access point products that I noticed.

freebsd.org's release note for FreeBSD 4.6 mention that a Belkin F5U011 and F5U111
are supported; these are USB-based cards and would for that reason be likely to be
included amongst the set of devices associated with laptops.

I'm guessing their 'integrated' PCI-based products work great with FreeBSD.

If anyone has an entry for a Belkin F5D6020 PCMCIA-based 802.11b wireless access card
or knowledge regarding other cards it emulates, feel free to share; otherwise, as far
as I know, that particular card does not at this time work with FreeBSD 4.6.

-- richard