Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:17:40 PST
From:      "Oleg Ogurok" <olegogurok@hotmail.com>
To:        fullermd@futuresouth.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X-Windows

>> What I need to run X-Windows?
>> The directory ftp.cdrom.com/pub/X11 constain very many files and
subdirs
>> ( souces etc...). What the minimum necessary to download for run
>> X-Windows?
>> Maybe, not from this directory.
>You want the stuff in the XFree86 directory, not X11.
>Just use /stand/sysinstall to install the XFree86 distribution.

But I don't have a distribution CD. I want to download X-Windows
distribution files first, and then install it from my HDD.
Some days ago I downloaded some files from
ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.5-RELEASE/ for install, and now I have (I
don't understand why) XFree86 directory with some files. When I trying
to install it (run doinstall.sh and postinstall.sh /sorry, forgot the
real filenames/ ) is writes me: Directory /usr/X11R6 doesn't exist.

Please, check the ftp.cdrom.com and answer me, which files in which
directories I need to download for run X-Windows.

Sincerely yours,
Oleg Ogurok / olegogurok@hotmail.com /