Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:53:04 -0400
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:43:57 -0500, Doug Poland wrote:

>> re-sup, and redo the whole make process. I cvsup'd last nite 10-8, and
>> it did it for me.   i sup'd tonite and make installworld ran OK, and
>> now i'm building the kernel
>>
>Thanks, that fixed it.  How did you know that a re-sup and re-do of the
>whole process was the answer?  Is there a general diagnostic guide that
>you follow?

mainly it is because when you follow -STABLE, the someone might break
the source, and no one will notice it maybe until the next day.
basically, if it worked the last time, it _should_ always work unless
the src is broken or your hardware is fried/flakey.

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net