Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:43:00 -0500
From:      "Chauncey Smith" <csmith@icdc.com>
To:        "Earl Larsen" <larsen_ec@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & OpenBSD

They're both pretty similar. Mostly because they share the same BSD family
heratage. OpenBSD is biniary compatable with
Freebsd. The main differnce comes in how they where built. FreeBSD was built
to be a general purpose OS. While Open BSD
was built to be more secure networking OS. OpenBSD comes with alot of things
turned off that you may want to use in the name of being secure. FreeBSD is
more about usablity then security.

just what I understand from reading the documetation.
Chauncey smith