Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:24:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Rafie <rafie@innocent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Availability & Cost

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Rafie wrote:

> Hi,  I am interested in trying FreeBSD.  The CD from Walnut Creek is too
> expensive and I have been downloading it at home now for over a week.
> It seems like I will never get a chance to install it.  Is there  less
> expensive way to get the CD?

Then you're downloading way too much.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ21.html.  Once you have a running system,
you can do a post-install configuration to add distributions or ports &
packages.

You can also get 1 (one) FreeBSD CD-ROM from www.cheapbytes.com for ~$5.
It's nearly identical to the WalnutCreek CD #1 except that a few
distributions (not sure which, go to the site and find out)  and
International language support has been removed to make room for adding
some packages.

Even still..Walnut Creek deserves your support.  If you can manage it, the
4 CD set is still the best way to go.