Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 16:40:33 -0700
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        Questions at FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel Compile

OK I am about to compile the Kernel on 2.2.5 stable for the first time.
I have about 6 mos Linux experiance but from what I gather, the kernels
are configured and comopiled totally different. What I want to compile
in are sound, I have a Sound Blaster, A firewalll with at default of
allow and rules added to deny as needed, and a SCSI Zip drive. (The SCSI
card has already been detected).

All of these were avaliable in Linux, is (are) all these possible in
FreeBSD? Also, where would be a good place to get step by step
instructions on Kernel compilation for FreeBSD.

Thanks

--
William Woods - wwoods@cybcon.com