Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:33:04 +0200
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
To:        Miguel Clara <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: FreeBSD 10-current coredumps Youtube HTML5

------enig2RDHGIGOQKDKPLORGCGQF

On 06/21/13 16:21, Miguel Clara wrote:
>=20
> On 06/20/13 21:11, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>=20
>=20
>> On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 21:59:48 +0000 Miguel Clara=20
>> <miguelmclara@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> I'm running FreeBSD 10-current because my wireless card is not=20
>>> supported in 9.1!
>>>=20
>>> Firefox runs fine in general and I don't have or plan to use=20
>>> Flash at all in my system!
>>>=20
>>> I've joined the HTML5 trial on youtube, however everytime I try=20
>>> to open Youtube, and just after 2 or 3 secs it crashes...
>>>=20
>>> All I see in /var/log/messages is: kernel: pid 86052 (firefox),=20
>>> uid 1001: exited on signal 11
>>>=20
>>> Running from the shell I get "Segmentation fault" before the=20
>>> crash...
>>>=20
>>> The first times I was getting an error related to alsa so I've=20
>>> rebuild with PulseAudio and now I just see: "Segmentation fault"
>>>=20
>>> I wonder if this is specific to FreeBSD 10, I guess other users=20
>>> must be running FF in FreeBSD 9.1 and without Flash!
>>>=20
>>> Thanks!
>=20
>> Did you load sem(4) before starting FF?
>=20
>> kldload sem
>=20
>> Cheers, Michael
>=20
>=20
> Unloading sem does allow me to open youtube the video starts, but
> after a few seconds I get the same problem... With sem its almost
> instant!
>=20
> So I guess in my case loading sem is even worst :|
>=20

Can you try "svn co
https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox/"
and build firefox from that directory and try again please. You could
also try firefox-nightly
(https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/freebsd-gecko/trunk/www/firefox-nigh=
tly)

If you want to quickly try nightly you can use this package
http://buildbot.rhaalovely.net/builds/firefox-24.0a1.en-US.freebsd10.0-x8=
6_64.tar.bz2,
just untar it and run ./firefox/firefox, the package will have no sound
though.

I'm on 10-CURRENT and I can watch hours of HTML5 videos on Youtube
without problems.

Florian