Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 01:01:32 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Alex M <alex@myzona.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bitchx port

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 02:48:37PM -0700, Alex M wrote:
> Hello freebsd-ports,
>
> I am sorry if this issue has been brought up time ago, but I want to point
> out the following:
>
> i think there's a mistake in /usr/ports/irc/bitchx/Makefile
> instead of WANT_GNOME and WANT_ESOUND should be USE_GNOME and USE_ESOUND
> because of
>
> .if defined(HAVE_GNOME)
> USE_GNOME=      yes
>
> Before it tried to install the whole gnome for me thou i said no to it in
> Makefile... I changed it to USE_GNOME=    no, but still  it says
> BitchX-1.0c18 depends on gnome and etc.
>
> Maybe I am doing something wrong, or if I am correct, fix will be
> appreciated.

Actually, WANT_GNOME is correct.

WANT_GNOME has the following behavior:

1. if you have explicitly specified WITH_GNOME=yes, depend on Gnome.
2. if you have explicitly specified WITHOUT_GNOME=yes, do NOT depend on it.
3. if you have not specified either, and you have Gnome installed, use it.
4. if you have not specified either, and you do NOT have Gnome installed,
   do not use it.

So..  if you do not want Gnome support, all you have to do is specify
WITHOUT_GNOME=yes on the make(1) command line.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Do you think anybody has ever had *precisely this thought* before?