Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 18:46:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysctl to disable reboot

In message <20010521202354.F12366@csh.rit.edu> Jon Parise writes:
: In addition, I prefer my approach here because it's a single,
: known toggle that doesn't involve messing with other parts of the
: system.  I might just want to disable keyboard rebooting
: temporarily.  This seems like the most intuitive way to do so.

Bah.  I'm trying to fight feaping creaturism.  I'm not worried about
the most intuitive way :-).

Seriously, this is unix.  You need to use the right tools for the
right jobs.  Reboot, and a host of other things, are controlled via
the keymap.  Creating a keymap w/o the reboot (or other objectionable
options) in it is the easiest way to deal with the problem.

Warner