Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 18:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   InterViews

I have been working away, trying to get InterViews working, so I can turn
it into a port.  I have libIV.so.3.1 made, but I have some problems, and
I hope to get some comments here.  I used the code from sgi.com as a
base, and it's version 3.2a (dated from 1994, updating the 3.1 version
from 1992), but the produced lib is libIV.so.3.1.  D'you think I should
change this to libIV.so.3.2?  I have it making the shared libs, do you
think this is enough, because it's going to be a lot of hacking to have
it make static libs too.

Lastly, one of the included applications doesn't link correctly, and I've
traced it out, but I'm not sure if its because the name of the functions
called for from the .o file is wrong, or because there's something
missing from the lib.  The lib builds without any warnings/errors at all,
but the config code prefixes various functions with a user-invisible "iv".
Could anyone having a libIV out there, who reads this, please send me a
copy of the output of a "nm -o" listing, by mail?

Thanks, guys.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!