Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:05:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      520023893678-0001@t-online.de (P. U. Kruppa)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 7

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> On 01/07/03 05:56 PM, P. U. Kruppa sat at the `puter and typed:
> > On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Alvaro Rosales R. wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys , I have installed NEtscape 7 in a FreeBSD 4.7 Box , it works
> > > fine but everytime I close the program, Netscape asksme for a profile=
, I
> > > try to use the one I used in my earlier session and it says that It c=
ant be
> > > used because it is already being used , Im the only user of that PC, =
it
> > > seems that netscape has a problem writing profiles.Any Ideas?
> > Are you running netscape7 in linux emulation?
> > It might look for your home directory somewhere in /compat/linux
> > - where it isn't.
> > If this is the case, you could set a link.
>
> I see the same thing - in linux emulation.  Netscape7 actually uses
> the ~/.mozilla directory to store the profile, not /compat/linux.  It
Perhaps I wasn't quite precise: Because Netscape is running in
Linux emulation it "thinks" your home directory is in
/compat/linux/usr/home/your_homedir
and wants to place ~/.mozilla there, but it can't because
your_homedir is in
/usr/home/your_homedir
So you can
# ln -s /usr/home/your_homedir /compat/linux/usr/home/your_homedir

Uli.