Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 19:36:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   MFC of mbuf wait and other patch

I now have two patches I'd enjoy if people looked at:

The first is a patch I posted a week or two ago here which rate limits
icmp echo responses and timestamp responses; while it doesn't address any
particular DoS, I think it'd be wise to include, even if only in current
for now.

You can obtain it from: http://www.silby.com/patches/ip_icmp.c.patch

The second patch is my backport of bosko milekic's mbuf waiting code to
3.4.  The patch ported cleanly, but I'm seeing mbuf leaks in some cases
when I reach the exhaustion stage.  Unfortunately, since I only have a 3.4
box, I cannot tell if this is due to an error in my backport, or some case
that isn't handled by the code.  If you're running 4 or 5 and wish to see
the results you get from the attack I'm running on myself, please e-mail
me and I'll send you instructions on how to recreate it.

That aside, the patch does stop the box from panicing, so it's still a win
for us 3.xers - if you're running 3.4, please help test the patch.

The mbuf wait patch is at:
http://www.silby.com/patches/mbuf-wait-mfc.patch

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack