Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:27:42 +0100
From:      "Paulo F. Andrade" <pfandrade@enoughpepper.com>
To:        girgen@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: postgresql-server-8.3.3

Hello,

I'm contacting to possibly get some directions on solving a problem
I'm experiencing with FreeBSD 7 and postgresql-8.3.1.

Basically, for time to time postgresql stats collector consumes 100%
CPU and does not let go.

The same issue has been reported in the following places:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg01026.php

http://groups.google.com/group/pgsql.general/browse_thread/thread/6dfea591d243e987

Where should I direct my questions?

Thank you for your time.

PS: I looked at the changelog for versions 8.3.2 and 8.3.3 but the
only mention to the stats collector is this:

"Improve ANALYZE's handling of in-doubt tuples (those inserted or
deleted by a not-yet-committed transaction) so that the counts it
reports to the stats collector are more likely to be correct (Pavan
Deolasee)"

Paulo F. Andrade
pfandrade@enoughpepper.com