Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:19:41 -0800
From:      Marc Wandschneider <MarcW@Lanfear.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

Yo!

	So, i'm trying to build 'imlib' (to use with gnome components)
on my system. to build this, i built GTK, libgif, libtiff, and all the
other libs it requires.

	 I put them all in /usr/local/lib, and their associated include
files in /usr/local/include.

	The problem is that 'imlib' refuses to build, claiming that all
of the above are not installed. this almost certainly seems to be
because it can't find them in /usr/local (it's most likely just looking
in /usr).

	So, the question is: how on earth do i set up the system so that
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib are always set up for their
respective purposes?

	I tried running ldconfig, and ran "ldconfig -R /usr/local/lib".
Now when I run ldconfig -r, it lists all the libs in /usr/local/but,
imlib still won't build for lack of finding anything.

	Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks!

	marc.