Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:09:41 +0200
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org'" <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: A new article: "Java and Jakarta Tomcat for FreeBSD" article  for the FDP

Dear Hiten,

>    docs/36019

Just a quick review.

In section 2 (req's) I would not use the term "bomb out". I imagine you are
trying to encourage people to try it, not scare them away. You could mention
that recently there have been many changes to tomcat's ports, so it is wise
to get the latest and greatest.

Perhaps you could default to a linux JDK, since it is simpler to install.
Then you could add a section "for the l33t" :) and describe how to use a
native JDK there.

In section 3.2: why do you install Tomcat manually? There is a perfectly
good port of Tomcat (two even, if I'm not mistaken). This will make
installing Tomcat and all its dependencies a rather trivial excercise. It
will also install a startup/shutdown script in /usr/local/bin.

Spelling nit: "Requirments"

    Kees Jan