Date:      Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:51:47 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with mergmaster on a serial console

We've had a long standing problem with mergmaster on our serial (dialup)
consoles.   The problem being that some diffs include character sequences
that are interpreted by our CPM console as commands, often locking it up
and making it completely useless.

Is there a way to get mergemaster to suppress performing the diff outputs
(unless explicity asked for)?  This may help solve the problem.

Thanks.