Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:50:24 -0700
From:      "David Christensen" <dchrist@cox.net>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IDE Device Driver Testing

I'm working on a device driver for an IDE controller card and I'm having
problems
putting a filesystem on the drive.  I want to make sure that the driver
isn't
corrupting data so I wrote a short perl script which generates random
sized blocks
of data, writes it to the disk, then reads it back.  How can I disable
disk caching
so that I know the data I read back and compare to the original data is
actually
from the drive and not the disk cache?

David Christensen