Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:12:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heavy on the Verbosity (was) Re: Annoying messages on startup..

> Coming from someone who's spent the best part of last week trying to diagnose
> various hardware & software problems on NT & Win'95 machines (to almost no
> avail), I'd appreciate as much verbosity being left _in_ the kernel & FreeBSD

You can always have verbosity as a selective option.  We're talking
about what to do for the great majority of users who aren't in your
shoes at all and don't want to be.  You can always boot with -v to
have the messages in question, I'm not talking about removing them so
much as not making them the _default_.  Don't worry, I don't want this
to become NT either. :)

- Jordan