Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:50:52 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fix for the objformat problem on -CURRENT

Hello everybody,

Given that I was also affected by the recent problem due to the removal
of objformat on -CURRENT, I started digging a bit why the build of
xorg-server proceeds incorrectly. And after a bit of work, I found the
reason: While the devel/imake-6 port now includes a patch for imake.c
that fixes imake to no longer look for objformat (yes, it is in the
source code, hardcoded :-) this does not help during the build of xorg,
because then a private copy of imake is used (located at
xc/config/imake) which is unpatched. So, the patch-imake.c should be
propagated to all xorg ports that build libraries (at least) Of course,
the file should not be simply copied, the path to the file to be patched
should be fixed accordingly.

A test build of the xorg-server is now underway, and will be ready
soonish, but I hope it will work ok.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM