Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:43:26 +0300
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "Francis Abella" <abellaf@allcet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do I move my server?

Hmm.. i've been moving servers for 5 years now:)

Well, i'd pull out the hdds and some other important parts with
MECHANICAL MOVING PART and take it with me on a plane.
The rest i'd send via UPS or FEDEX (i personally used fedex, it is
expensive but no problems occured at all). I am pretty sure that you
could use some  ground based mailing for parsel delivery, that'd be
a lot cheaper.

And remember, HARDWARE can be restored or bought, INFORMATION
is PRICELESS! So, keep all storage media under control, everything else
is secondary.

You do not need any parking utility, since all modern HDDs are autoparkable.

I am sure i'l be fine with these recommendations.

Good luck!
Artem