Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 22:05:22 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        osa@ozz.etrust.ru
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't compile kernel in ELF...

In article <199809181105.PAA07430@ozz.etrust.ru>,
Ozz!!! <osa@ozz.etrust.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
> I want compile kernel in ELF format...
> (by default, it normaly compile in a.out)
> OK!
> # cd /sys/i386/conf
> # setenv $KERNFORMAT elf
> # config THIRD
> # cd ../../compile/THIRD
> # make depend
> # make
> exception.o(.text+0x168a): undefined reference to `_swi_dispatcher'

This almost always means that you need to add an entry for the symbol
in "src/sys/i386/include/asnames.h".  Please let me know if that fixes
the problem.  If it does, I'll commit it to our sources.

Kernel committers, please start paying more attention to this, any
time you add some new assembly language code.