Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:15:55 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Yann Berthier wrote:
>
> >    Please go for a subscriber-only list. I am subscribed to a lot of
> >    list having this policy and:
> >    . nobody seems to complain
> >    . the signal / noise ratio is definitly better.
> >
> >    - yann
>
> You miss the point - nobody seems to complain because the ones who would
> can no longer post.  I would fall into that category a good deal of the
> time, but am willing to put up with that if it serves the greater good.
> PITA, though.

Most of the "complainers" are nervous that they will no longer be able
to ask the questions that I am banging on about, and their "fear" is
correct. This list needs to return to being a hardcore technology list
(anybody welcome to join), but the "silly questions" need to go to the
right groups. (No jibes about "No such thing as `silly questions', only
`silly answers'.", please).

With some luck, and a bit of reorganization, this list should become
hardcore content, and well worth the read :-).

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn