Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:02:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mergemaster gone(?)

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, matt wrote:

> 	Does anyone know what happened to the mergemaster port? I had it,
> then I changed my cvsup server from cvsup.ca.freebsd.org to cvsup3.freebsd.org
> since .ca was always at full access level, and it got rid of mergemaster
> and hasn't readded it on any of my other crontabbed ports updates.
>
> 	This is much too valuable a tool to leave out of the ports,
> perhaps it got moved to the mainstream distribution, would be nice, I
> wish I had known about mergemaster on my first make world. I must have
> missed a cvs commit, just changed cvs-all to my functional e-mail. Thanks
> in advance for the answer I'm sure someone will have.

It was moved the the base distribution, you must have missed a lot of
commit mail considering:

(1) add to -CURRENT.
(2) remove from ports
(3) merge to stable
(4) frob CVSROOT/modules
(5) remove from ports_sysutils/Makefile

I believe that was fairly close to the bass-ackwards order I did it in.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -