Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 01:14:33 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Bror 'Count' Heinola" <count@key.sms.fi>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, ejs@bfd.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, taob@risc.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2 Compiler slower than 2.1? (was RSA 56-bit key challenge)

Amancio Hasty taisi sanoa:
> Hmmm... careful there I don't think that you can overclock your 180Mhz
> PPRo to 233mhz at least it will probably  not work reliably .
> Must admit it is kind of cool to be  breathing down the dual 400mhz alpha
> system 8)

	Yeah, it Hz so good... I've heard though that a PPro won't break
	from overclocking, it'll only shut itself down if it overheats.
	We'll see soon ;-)

	Also, I'm not even trying to get all the possible speed out -
	Even though I have the fastest BIOS settings I can set, I'm still
	running ECC (I have parity FPM RAM).

	Though it seems that the keyserver is not running, so the effort
	may be wasted...

> Now we just have to hunt down a dual PPro 200mhz, convince the owner
> to overclock it to 233Mhz and run the benchmark 8)

	I'm counting on you guys to get me new set of CPUs if I smoke
	my old ones while doing this ;-)

--
Bror 'Count' Heinola # Santa Monica Software # Email: bror@sms.fi
Isokaari 27 A2	     # Technical Support     # IRC: Count