Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:47:52 -0700
From:      S Ellis <sellis@d216-232-140-48.bchsia.telus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding webmail

Hello,

I want to broaden access to my home email by adding a webmail interface.
Right now I'm running sendmail with procmail and using spamassassin; I'd
like to keep this setup. Looking at the squirrelmail port has raised
some questions for me.

-I don't really grasp where the imap server comes into play
-can I even keep the setup above and have squirrelmail?
-can I continue to use the same 'unix' mailboxes, spools?

I know that these questions are rather basic, but I'm not seeing what I
need to in the squirrelmail docs, and the cyrus-imap port looks alittle
daunting as well (overkill?).

--
tia,
Sean