Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:56:15 +0200
From:      Bertrand Petit <elrond@phoe.netdev.net>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        Chip Marshall <cmarshall@expi.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MP3 playing PicoBSD

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 10:38:08PM +0200, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> > the floppy image, since it is customized to his configuration. Has
> > anyone else out there done anything like this with PicoBSD?
>
> It should be trivial to do. Just take one of standard Picobsd configs, and
> add MP3 player.

	The difficult part in this project is the hardware. As the aim
is to build an audio playing unit, the harware must be conceived such
that there is no need for cooling at all. Could modern processors be
underclocked enough so that no fan is required? Maybe a big heat sink
could do. The power source also must bear the absence of fan.

	Another big issue is the digital to analogue converter. One
could not use average PC soundcard as they are poorly shielded if
shielded at all. I think the lambda sound cards rate as low-fi.

--
%!PS Il n'y a pas de mauvaises reponses, il n'y a que de mauvaises questions
/B{bind def}def/m{moveto}B/d{dup}B/s{gsave}B/r{grestore}B/S{stroke}B/P{false