Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:03:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which architecture when making world?

When compiling the kernel I can select in its LINT-file options that generate
code only for, say, 586 processors. Do I have the same options when making world?
Does this get done automatically, depending on which machine I am running? Or
where?

The problem at hand is that I want to do a make world on a laptop with a very
tiny harddisk. I have nfs-mounted /usr/src and /usr/obj. Now can I do a 'make
buildworld' on the nfsserver and only 'make installworld' on the client? The
client is a pretty slow 486/50 so if can do the buildworld on the server that
would save days (literally!) of work.

/Micke
Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se