Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 16:23:21 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vnode_pager_input: I/O read error (2.1.5)

We are having trouble with this on all of our 2.1.5 boxes.  Basically the
mpi hint job that we are trying to run on our cluster has produced about
50MB of the following errors in the syslogs of all the machines involved.
This is bad.  Im concerned that this will not be fixed for 2.2 since I have
seen similar messages in 3.0.  It would be really nice to have a fix, and if
anyone has something that I may try, I would really apreciate it.

Here are the error messages that are repeated thousands of times:

Oct 16 11:04:09 d /kernel: vnode_pager_input: I/O read error
Oct 16 11:04:09 d /kernel: vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID
2531 failure
Oct 16 11:04:09 d /kernel: vnode_pager_input: I/O read error

Chris Csanady
ccsanady@scl.ameslab.gov