Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:42:43 -0800
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        wolman@cs.washington.edu, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AbiWord to ispell to dict prob

Running on a very recent cvsup on 4.2-stable here, with a brand new keyboard
I thought I'd give a work out with AbiWord on.  On the make from AbiWord I
get the following error as it tries to compile the ispell dependancy.

===>  Extracting for ispell-3.1.20c_1
>> Checksum OK for ispell-3.1.20.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ispell-html-mode.patch.
===>  Patching for ispell-3.1.20c_1
===>  Applying distribution patches for ispell-3.1.20c_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for ispell-3.1.20c_1
===>  Configuring for ispell-3.1.20c_1
you need to install /usr/share/dict/words from the 'dict' distribution first
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/ispell.
*** Error code 1

Seemed kinda odd that a port would ask me to manually install something, but
I went and hunted down the dict port over in textproc and gave it a shot.
Here I got the rather cryptic looking configure error.

configure:1994: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c
-Wl,-export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lgcc -lstdc++ 1>&5
configure:2021: checking for strdup
configure:2021: checking for strtol
configure:2021: checking for strtoul
(end of "config.log")
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/dict.
*** Error code 1S

Upon checking the config.log file it didn't seem to offer any more
information than what I've already posted here.

Just to reality check my own limited knowledge of installing apps, I went and
ran cvsup once again to make sure everything was fresh.  I double checked
that none of these apps had previous versions installed.  I also ran a make
clean in the effected ports.  Same errors occur after all that.

I cc'd the port maintainers that looked like they want to know about this.
Hoping I didn't muck up this bug report like I did last time.

Later on,
--
Maintain thine air speed lest the ground come up and smite thee.