Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:35:02 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: ACPI update - thermal management

This is just a heads-up to let folks know that I've committed some early
code to handle thermal management under ACPI.  This should DTRT with
active cooling (fans, etc.).  It won't help with passive cooling yet (we
need to sort out the processor device control first), and it may well
have problems (there are places where the specification is vague about
what should be in the namespace and my ability to test these options is
limited).

Testing and feedback would be welcome.  I'll try to get the new ACPI CA
stuff merged tomorrow, unless there are too many people bugging me at
Usenix. 8)

Regards,
Mike