Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:36:32 -0600
From:      Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Mardoc Inc." <mardoc-inc@rogers.com>
Subject:   Re: cdrom

--Boundary-02=_ZCBMAIxVCqhrmyn

On Sunday 15 February 2004 08:58 pm, Mardoc Inc. wrote:
> To: FreeBSD advisors:
>
> Re: CDROM
>
> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am currently using FreeBSD to operate some digitizing  equipment.  I
> cannot upgrade
> to a newer version of FreeBSD because all the current equipment is somewh=
at
> locked to it.
>
> I am using FreeBSD 2.2.7-CAM.  My motherboard is a Super P6SNE II, circa
> 1997.
>
> I am trying to read from a CD.  I am currently using a Acer 640-272 CD
> (40x).
>
> The BIOS recognizes the CD - dmesg gives (approximately - not quite
> verbatim)
>
> wcd0 unit 1(atapi) <ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVE 40x Maximum/NOAP>
> removeable drivem iondic,
> wcd0 6890 kB/s, 128 kB cache, audioplay ...
> wcd0 medium type ox11, unlocked
>

> I have tried to mount it as
>
> mount /dev/wcd0a /cdrom
>
> but I get a message
>
> "Incorrect superblock."
>

> Is there an easy way to mount the CD, or is the message telling me it
> is too difficult, or my CD is too new?? If so, do you know what vintage CD
> I could get to work?
>
> tks
>
> Wayne Hocking

Try the following:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

Note the c at the end of the device, instead of the a.  I don't know why, b=
ut=20
this is what I've got to do.  Perhaps Kris or someone else who knows=20
something more than I can explain that part...

HTH
=2D-=20
Eric F Crist
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc