Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:38:31 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soralx@cydem.org
Cc:        talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports system woes

--=-yllkDY8kAZt0OdY4zIOK

soralx@cydem.org p=ED=B9e v po 31. 03. 2008 v 01:00 -0700:

> for all this GNOME/GTK stuff? Insane, I say. Look at the depndencies fiel=
> for `make search` results -- atrocious. How often do you care about a por=
> depending on xproto, Xlib, x..., instead of just Xorg?

Actually there's an ongoing effort to change ports to depend only on the
Xorg pieces that are actually needed, instead on the whole bowl.

> Since nothing can be done about it, how about placing all the packages
> that constitute base of Xorg into a separate directory in /var/db/pkg/ ?

I don't see how that would simplify anything. /var/db/pkg is not ment to
be user friendly.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Pilot to Co-Pilot: Boo.

--=-yllkDY8kAZt0OdY4zIOK
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?UTF-8?Q?_=C4=8D=C3=A1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-yllkDY8kAZt0OdY4zIOK--