Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 08:18:35 -0700
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ed net card question

Hi guys. I have a 486 that I think I'd like to use as an
intranet web server for simple testing and I have some
kind of NEC(?) or other kind of 16 bit ether adapter that
my exsisting 2.2.1 system wants to recognize as ed0. It
times out though after the system comes up, I suppose becuase
it not configured, which is ok, I want to use it in the new
box anyway, and the config software is probably for dos. But
the default irq on the card is 3, so I adjusted the sysconfig
to reflect this, as well as removed my serial card temporarily
and it still timed out. I was wondering if there was an ideal
irq to use on the fresh 2.2.1 system? Does the dos config ware
give an extra set of instructions to kick it on line or something?

-Tim