Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:36:57 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Michel Oosterhof <micheloo@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EzBSD aint for me! Was: A breath of fresh air..

Michel Oosterhof wrote:
> >It was, I think, the epitome of beauty and elegance in industrial
> >design for human factors: its use was obvious and unambiguous...
> >you walked up, put your head inside the "wings", and pressed the big
> >yellow button.

> It sounds very much like a dutch emergency telephone. They're placed
> along the dutch highways every few kilometers. Was it yellow?
>
> Here's a picture:
>      http://www.anwb.nl/content/images/historie_ww_1994vraagpaal.JPG

Yes, this is it exactly.

I got in trouble for pushing the button on the display version;
apparently it's very compelling to other people, as well, and
they had a dosant whose job it was to make sure people didn't
press the button.  They really needed to rope the thing off (the
"do not touch" sign was a tiny little thing on the base on which
the pedestal sat).

I wonder if there are a lot of false calls because of the
compelling nature of the single "fulfill your purpose" button...

8^)

-- Terry