Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:18:04 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Is there some sort of filter on this (and other) freebsd mailingl lists
to prevent submissions from a news gateway?  I've set up a mail2news
gateway that receives this mailing list and lets me read via a
newsreader at my leasure.  However, when INN forwards any postings
(via its moderation features) to freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, the
message seems to vanish into thin air after it is accepted for
delivery by hub.freebsd.org.

The message never gets distributed to the list.  However, if I mail
directly to the list address, it comes through ok.

The only real difference is that the SMTP sender is different.
From INN it is news@kcilink.com, otherwise it is my email address.

This same setup works fine for the MySQL mailing list.  Any ideas as
to why the freebsd lists just swallow my news2mail postings?