Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 07:04:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.truenorth.org>
To:        vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM (Vincent Poy)
Cc:        ashleyb@sco.com, brandon@cold.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xntpd config?

>On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Ashley Baumann wrote:
>
>> > From: Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
>> > What is a good xntpd config if all I want is a basic server that other
>> > boxes on a local net can sync with (both unix and non-unix)..
>>
>> I use the following:
>
>[stuff deleted]
>
>	How does one set it up in /etc/sysconfig so that the machine will
>update and sync the time such as how you do it with ntpdate upon booting
>up or manually but automatically?

RTFM sysconfig(5), xntpd(8), adjkerntz(8), adjtime(2), and read the
comments in the /etc/sysconfig.

Set this in the /etc/sysconfig.

    timedflags=NO
    xntpdflags="-c /etc/ntp.conf"
    tickadjflags="-Aq"
    ntpdate="NO"

Josef

--
Josef Grosch       | Laugh while you can, monkey boy ! |    FreeBSD 2.1.6
jgrosch@sirius.com |          - John Warfin -          | UNIX for the masses