Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:53:44 -0800
From:      "Timothy Jordan" <timothy@cats.ucsc.edu>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   scratch that, got my ethernet card to work, but haveing trouble getting it on the net...

I  got the card to work at 280H and irq9.  But after running
/stand/sysinstall to try and get on the net - I can't traceroute to a known
good server.  I have a ms98 machine on the same network who is using the
gateway of: 169.233.37.254 and I entered it in with the IP address of the
freebsd machine's port's IP address (when I checked it with msNT - and
rechecked several times after reboot): 169.233.36.189.  I just entered a
random hostname and used the netmask that my ms98 machine had (subnet mask:
255.255.254.0).  But I still can't get anywhere.  What's the trouble?
Again, thanks for any help.

								-Timothy

p.s. the network is my college's ResNet - if that helps at all...