Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:06:55 +0100
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        hartzell@alerce.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Atheros 5213 chipset (was DHCP failing with WiFi after 6.0 upgrade)

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:38:26PM -0800, George Hartzell wrote:

George,

> That looks like it's using the 5213 chipset.
>
> Are you running CURRENT, or STABLE, or???
>
> Are you using it with the ndis drivers, or the native ath driver?
>
> The ath man page on STABLE doesn't mention working with the 5213
> chipset, and google/my-memory also finds comments about the current
> HAL not supporting it.

I'm running a laptop and a Wrap box (pcengines.ch) with an Atheros 5213
mini-pci card. My laptop runs 6.0 stable and the wrap box runs beta2

ath0@pci2:12:0: class=0x020000 card=0x1012185f chip=0x0013168c rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Atheros Communications Inc.'
    device   = 'AR5212, AR5213 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet

The only problem I have, is that WEP is not working atm.

--
Regards,

Richard.