Date:      Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:41:44 +1100
From:      Peter Clutton <peterclutton@gmail.com>
To:        dev@unixdaemon.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sound Configuration, Sony Laptop with ac97

On 11/17/05, Dev Tugnait <dev@unixdaemon.org> wrote:
> Do a kldload snd_driver, then test your sound. This loads all the sound
> drivers...then go from there

Thanks for that, I forgot to mention I had tried that to no avail. It
doesn't seem to recognise it. I will do it again so I can say exactly
what happens when i do that. I was wondering if anyone knew a specific
kernel option, like snd_sbc that supports this chip, and what steps
others have gone through with this chip. I may have done something
wrong when doing kldload snd_driver so will go through it again.

>>>myfreebsd@cox.net

Thank you but I did read the manual online, as always before posting.
I also have the printed versions, to support the docos. I just did not
find anything specific to this chip (understandable, not every chip
can be mentioned) nor did i find much about it in association with
freebsd when googling it, and was worrying it may not be supported, or
might take some knowledge i don't have, or is not listed, to configure
it. I will go back to googling.