Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:39:23 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp@casasponti.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bidirectional traffic control with PF and altq or dummynet

I have been using PF for several years now and used IPFW previous to
PF that I've grown more and more fond of. I now need to manage
bidirectional traffic  I have used Dummynet before to do similar
things but it is my understanding that Altq can only manage outgoing
traffic although I find the occasional example of it managing incoming
like one to limit window's email assuming that I'm reading it properly.

My questions are:

   Am I correct in saying that Altq can not manage bidirectional traffic?

if not

   I understand the dummynet can be used with pf and if so does anyone know
   of a howto to get me started?  I would rather not switch to IPFW right now.

Thanks,

ed