Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 18:50:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan O'Brien" <dmobrien@lucent.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Eric Chet <ejc@bazzle.com>
Subject:   Re: July 12th aout system buildworld fails in librpcsvc

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Dan O'Brien wrote:

> cc -O -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -pipe -DYP
> -I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/rpcsvc
> -I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
> -I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c nfs_prot_xdr.c -o
> nfs_prot_xdr.o
> In file included from nfs_prot_xdr.c:6:
> /usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h:265: parse error
> before `uint64'
>  ... ton of errors about parse errors, unknown types.

To answer my own problem and to help out the other 2-3 folks who seemed to
have the same problem (first reported on 12/23), I went back to first
principles and debugged the problem at hand: nfs_prot.h had "bad" typedefs
which turned out to be generated by an old (broken?) rpcgen.  So I remade
/usr/src/usr.bin/rpcgen by hand and installed it (and remade/installed
/usr/src/includes just to make certain) and fired up buildworld.  I'm now
past the point where I stumbled.

My new mantra: Keep current with Current/Keep current with Current/Keep...

Cheers,

Dan O'Brien  <mailto:dmobrien@lucent.com>
Work: 614-860-2392  Page:  614-520-5001
Home: 740-927-2178  Home2: 740-927-2955